Old 08-05-2007, 05:52 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
Manelli Family[_2_] Manelli Family[_2_] is offline

Default Greenhouses - to all

wrote in message
oups.com...
On May 7, 10:36 pm, "Manelli Family" wrote:
How many of you own greenhouses? What else do you keep in them besides
your
orchids?

Some of the most interesting ferns come up out of orchid potting
media. There are some common ones, yes, but every now and again
something I have never seen before pops up and I collect it and give
it a pot of it's own. In addition to ferns and orchids, I have a
collection of bonsai, bromiliad, tillansia, nepenthes, amorphophalus,
begonia and...oxalis.

Very interesting. I only have my Harbor Freight 8 X 6 for a year but no
oxalis yet! :^) We just finished assembling the new Rion 8.5 X 16.5. One
section will be for orchids and the rest tropical plants. One corner will
go for heat loving veggies. I never found ferns or anything to sprout in my
orchid mixes.