Old 08-05-2007, 03:00 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Geoff[_6_] Geoff[_6_] is offline

Default Novice onion question

"Alan Johnson" wrote in message
Hi all,

I'm a bit of a novice in the garden so please excuse if necessary. I think
I missed onion sets this year - I can't find any in the shops round here.
Is it too late for onions? If not, what can I plant or sow? Something that
is not too small and will also keep well through the winter would be best?

If you do manage to find some sets, buy more than you need and plant the
rest in seed trays a couple of inches apart. In a few weeks you'll have a
fine crop of spring onions.

Geoff