Old 08-05-2007, 04:56 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
Steve Wolstenholme Steve Wolstenholme is offline

Default Do UV quartz tubes degrade?

On Tue, 8 May 2007 08:31:25 CST, "John M. Darnielle"
wrote:

The manufacture of my ultra violet light recommends replacing the quartz
sleeve containing the bulb when the bulb is changed- does it degrade over
time or is there some other reason why it should be changed? I do clean it
every year and replace the bulb every other year. Thanks in advance for your
reply.

Wait until it starts to do white. It will last much longer than the UV
light but it will eventually need to be replaced. Mine lasted eight
years and then it was only a bit white.

Steve

--
Steve Wolstenholme Neural Planner Software Ltd

http://www.easynn.com