Old 08-05-2007, 08:15 PM posted to sci.bio.botany
Raphanus Raphanus is offline

Default ID Grass

On May 8, 2:32 pm, "P. van Rijckevorsel" wrote:
"Raphanus" schreef

Piedmont area of South Carolina. Xeric pine forest. This grass is a
real nuisance. Needle grass? Wire grass? Neither seem exactly right
but I'm new to this. What have I forgotten to include?

See photos at:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/raphanus97/

Thanks!

***
My hat off to anybody who can identify this from these pictures!

Pictures of grass should preferably include the inflorescence /
infructescence. Sometimes a grass in the vegetative state can be identified
(not easy); and a good spot to include in a photograph is where the sheath
of the leaf opens and the blade angles away. Quite often, to know what
details are important to focus on, one has to some idea what general group
the grass belongs to.
PvR

Sorry...I've taken the photos down.