Old 09-05-2007, 06:24 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
CWatters CWatters is offline

Default Choosing a mower?

"A.Lee" wrote in message
I'm after a new mower. £500-600 price range.
The choice is down to 3 or 4.
Rotary, 17 or 18", with drive and rear roller.
Honda seem to be the best seller, and used by contractors and gardeners
everywhere.

My rotary mower has a Honda engine but it's not a Honda mower... It's been
abused for 10 years (never serviced, never changed the oil etc) and still it
starts first or second pull. If it doesn't start second pull then I know I
forgot something! The mower will probably rust away before the engine dies.
Highly recommended.

I've just purchased a 30 year old Suffolk Colt off ebay for £50 to make
stripes. I've cut my lawn twice so far and it runs vey well. These old
mowers can be a good buy if they have been looked after and serviced.