Old 09-05-2007, 09:37 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
Zimmy Zimmy is offline

Default Any advice for growing watermelons?

Thanks to everyone for the helpful advice. I hope i didn't jump the
gun and plant too early. its nice and warm during the day, but its
still a little chilly overnight. I planted 3 different types of
watermelon: one is supposed to grow fruits up to 14 lbs, one is
supposed to grow fruits 20 to 25 lbs, and the others were seeds my
mother-in-law saved from watermelons she cut up for my kids last
summer. (the kids planted some of the seeds in pots on the window
sill and they sprouted, so we'll see what they do in the garden.)
thanks again