Old 09-05-2007, 10:54 PM posted to alt.home.lawn.garden
Rima Rima is offline

Default Yucca plant How to cut shoots off & transplant them

Thanks U.K. for advice..We'll cut them instead of breaking off by hand.
you take care too

Data wrote:
I live in Arizona, we have a few yucca plants, that had some shoots on them..
I would like to know how you remove those shoots to transplant them..

[quoted text clipped - 4 lines]
ground, & they have grown @ least 5 ft tall.
Thanks ..

Hi - Living in the UK here, but when we grow these commercially, we
cut the shoots off cleanly with sharp knife. Broken shoots take longer
to root. A cut shoot heals quicker and is quicker to send out new
roots.
Take care
Data
www.gardenseeker.com