Old 29-03-2003, 01:32 AM
RichToyBox

Default Ping Ingrid, RichToyBox and others Frys

Unless you have pulled those hyacinths out of the pond and put them into a
hatching pond, you will find that you will end up with a very limited number
that survive the parents eating caviar. I usually end up with about 1/2 a
dozen each year. Last year I tried my hand at having a hatching pond, and
would have ended up with only about 500,000 babies. By the time the first
one made it to be about 1/2 inch long, he started eating his siblings. I
think I got about 50 that grew to be about 1 1/2 inches long by summers end.
All but about 6 or 8 went to my local pond supply. She will sell them, or
give them to customers that make substantial purchases. One of the ones
that I gave to her, I kick myself for. It was nothing the week I gave it
away. A week later it had turned into a pretty sanke. I got two kohaku
that one is good, the other is going to be a give away. I got one nice
kuminryu, don't have a clue who the parents were, didn't have one before.
--
RichToyBox

"Just Me "Koi"" wrote in message
.. .
Ok people just thinking ahead. So after the novelty of seeing my Koi

spawn,
I now have to deal with the reality of what to do with hundreds of Fry!

Any Ideas? Sell them to pet stores? Ebay? Here on line to interested
folks?

At what age should I start selling them?

How do you ship Koi across the Country?

--
"Architecture is the ultimate erotic 'object'."