Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
BT[_2_] BT[_2_] is offline

Default big Gunneras

On May 10, 10:57 am, Ornata wrote:
On 9 May, 23:25, La Puce wrote:

On 9 May, 22:55, "Duncan" wrote:

May be a bit late this year, but I have "gardening rights" on a sizeable bit
of damp ground in North Yorkshire just crying out for something spectacular
and I thought G. manicata would fit the bill. But I couldn't find any! Does
anyone know where I might find this plant for sale in North Yorkshire, Tyne
& Wear or Teesside?

I've seen some in Harlow Carr for sale 2 weeks ago and in Harrogate
too - expensive and I was tempted but I don't have the room. Why don't
you do a search for local garden centres and phone to find if they
have it.

http://www.upmystreet.com/UK

Use the on-line RHS plant-finder. Type in the plant you're looking
for and It'll list relevant nurseries by area.

http://www.gardeningexpress.co.uk/Pr...roductID=10054 -
I bought one from them last year and it is thriving.