Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens
George Shirley George Shirley is offline

Default blackberry bushes

BearDrummer wrote:
My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying
them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say,
it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one...
none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are
selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?

I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast and am growing Triple Crown thornless
blackberries. Got them from Stark Brothers Nursery in Louisiana, MO.
Should have a web presence but haven't looked lately. Planted six of
them in January and they are producing berries, albeit not many, this
month and are growing well.

George