Old 10-05-2007, 05:50 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default blackberry bushes

My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying
them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say,
it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one...
none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are
selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:05 PM posted to rec.gardens

We bought berries from WalMart too, and they died even though we followed
the instructions and soaked them in water for a couple days when we got home
before planting them. So I'm not sure it's the lack of water. So we just got
some cuttings from a bush in town and they're doing just fine. Are there any
bushes growing in the wild nearby?

Old 10-05-2007, 06:16 PM posted to rec.gardens

BearDrummer wrote:
My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying
them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say,
it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one...
none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are
selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?

I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast and am growing Triple Crown thornless
blackberries. Got them from Stark Brothers Nursery in Louisiana, MO.
Should have a web presence but haven't looked lately. Planted six of
them in January and they are producing berries, albeit not many, this
month and are growing well.

George

Old 10-05-2007, 09:56 PM posted to rec.gardens

"George Shirley" wrote in message
BearDrummer wrote:
My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying
them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say,
it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one...
none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are
selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?

I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast and am growing Triple Crown
thornless blackberries. Got them from Stark Brothers Nursery in
Louisiana, MO. Should have a web presence but haven't looked lately.
Planted six of them in January and they are producing berries, albeit
not many, this month and are growing well.

Look he
http://www.starkbros.com/access?acti...2&collection=0

--
Travis in Shoreline Washington

Old 11-05-2007, 03:29 PM posted to rec.gardens

I have had very bad luck with Stark.
I have had VERY good luck with Raintree
http://www.raintreenursery.com/catal...oducttype=BLAC
got figs, peaches, kiwi from them. always satisfied.
Ingrid

George Shirley wrote:

BearDrummer wrote:
My wife bought me a blackberry bush from Wal-Mart (they quit carrying
them), and hid it away for a week to surprise me... needless to say,
it did not survive the lack of water. BUT I really would like one...
none of the places I can find here on the Mississippi GulfCoast are
selling them anymore... who would be a good place to buy from?

I live on the Louisiana Gulf coast and am growing Triple Crown thornless
blackberries. Got them from Stark Brothers Nursery in Louisiana, MO.
Should have a web presence but haven't looked lately. Planted six of
them in January and they are producing berries, albeit not many, this
month and are growing well.

George

List Manager: Puregold Goldfish List at
http://weloveteaching.com/puregold/
www.drsolo.com
Zone 5 next to Lake Michigan

[IMG] code is On

Blackberry bushes [email protected] United Kingdom 44 26-10-2008 06:37 PM
Transplanting Blackberry Bushes Pavel314 Edible Gardening 5 28-08-2008 09:46 PM
Blackberry Bushes Tim Edible Gardening 3 01-08-2007 08:10 PM
Replanting Blackberry bushes nigsprncs Gardening 0 06-09-2003 03:02 PM
Blackberry and Plum help Mike United Kingdom 4 15-07-2003 07:39 AM