Old 10-05-2007, 04:20 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default ascada question

Good growing! Yes, these send side growths. Phals do too. I suppose that
its a feature of monopodial orchids but can't cite a source for that
opinion. I, too, don't know the real name for them. I call them 'pups'.

K Barrett

"eeyore" wrote in message
The earlier vanda question prompts me to ask this. My ascada "Fiftieth
State Beauty" has developed a side stalk off of the main. Would have
thought it was a keiki, but no roots so can't see how I could separate it.
Is this normal behavior? Don't know if I really know anything about
orchids, but having loads of fun exploring and hopefully learning.
Thanks.