Old 10-05-2007, 07:09 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
[email protected] nick_walch@yahoo.co.uk is offline

Default Electric for Pond\Pebble Pool

On 9 May, 18:44, "CWatters"
wrote:
wrote in message

oups.com...

Can anyone advise me what size armoured cable I need from the house to
the junction\distribution box. I plan to run a pump, light and
possibly a mister. There seems to be a wide range from 1.5mm (27 Amps)
to 16mm (110 Amps).

The thickness of the wire you need depends on the length and the "fuse"
rating at the CU - not what you plan to power with it - although obviously
that has to be taken into account. In other words if it's "fused" for 13A
then you use 13A in the calculation not the 5A or whatever you plan to take
out of it.

The wire at the 'house' end will be plugged into a standard wall
socket with an RCD. The plug will have a 13 amp fuse.