Old 10-05-2007, 11:05 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) is offline

Default big Gunneras

"Duncan" wrote in message
May be a bit late this year, but I have "gardening rights" on a sizeable
bit of damp ground in North Yorkshire just crying out for something
spectacular and I thought G. manicata would fit the bill. But I couldn't
find any! Does anyone know where I might find this plant for sale in North
Yorkshire, Tyne & Wear or Teesside?

Alternatively, I can buy seeds on line. Is it difficult to raise from
seed?

Duncan

I am certain you will find Gunnera available from several local sources. The
chances are that it will be labelled manicata but will probably be
tinctoria.
Both nice plants .