Old 11-05-2007, 02:24 AM posted to rec.gardens
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default What kind of tree is this

In message , Eigenvector
writes

wrote in message
groups.com...
From the bark I would guess a Prunus sp. Perhaps a wild plum? Did it
have flowers in the spring?

sonny

No flowers yet, it does produce some small white flowers around this
time, may not have bloomed yet our winter was a little more harsh than
normal.

Then it's definitely not a birch; birches have catkins, with very small
greenish flowers.
--
Alias Ernest Major

Then it could very well be a plum. I hadn't even considered that this tree
might be a fruit treee, although I highly doubt it produces anything.