Old 11-05-2007, 03:37 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
shazzbat shazzbat is offline

Default Water Butt

"Bazjaq" wrote in message
news
Has anyone bought one of the 'flatpack' 200ltr butts that were advertised
on Price Drop TV? My neighbour did and it leaks from were the liner
connects to the tap. He couldn't be bothered returning it (more money than
sense) so I have it now for free.
I have tried using external mastic around the connection but it still
loses all the water down to the tap.
Any ideas/solution would be welcome.

Thakyou

Tom

Can you remove the tap? Ideally I'd want to unscrew it, wrap PTFE tape round
the threads and refit the tap. Or use silicone sealer, but again you'd need
to be able to remove the tap for best results.

Steve