Old 11-05-2007, 05:22 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Muddymike Muddymike is offline

Default Sheen x300 & Fuel

"Paddy" wrote in message
Anybody have any advice about one of these. Using one for quite large
areas of weeds. I am running it on kerosene (heating oil) as I cannot
purchase paraffin locally. Runs ok most of the time but has periods of
blowing out and I find the pressure & valve settings a little critical.
Would this be because of the wrong fuel or because it needs a new jet, all
the seals seem fine.

I have one but don't use it much. When I do I run it on diesel for the same
reason. I found it works better with about 10% petrol added. Do you have the
pricker to clear the jet? If not a fine piece of wire will do the job. I run
mine pumped up as much as I dare with the valve full on.

Its fun re-lighting them when thy go out isn't it.

Mike