Old 11-05-2007, 07:46 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Dave Liquorice Dave Liquorice is offline

Default Sheen x300 & Fuel

On Fri, 11 May 2007 17:00:55 GMT, Paddy wrote:

Just don't fancy the idea of mixing petrol with the kerosene though,
maybe get the wife to try it.

Why not? Petrol is volatile but not that dangerous provided there is no
source of ignition. They two aren't going to react with each other.

To answer Dave about the paraffin. It's the problem of getting it home
due to boats and regulations with dangerous goods.

Ah you have nothing obvious that says you live on an island and use public
ferries. Surprised that an island small enough not to have a purveyour of
parrafin has NTL cable internet though...

I have read advice on the use of the burner with some saying just wilt
the leaves and then burn away after a few days and others saying burn
the base of the plants and that kills them off better.

You just need to run the heat over the plants, you don't need to burn them
as such. The heat destroys the cell structure to such an extent they can't
recover, nature does the rest. We have a small gas burner, does an
excellent job, they turn brown in a day or three. Keeps the weeds in the
french drains at bay very easily and between the stones on the "patio".

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail