Old 12-05-2007, 07:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
R[_3_] R[_3_] is offline

Default This evenings Gardeners World

"Rupert (W.Yorkshire)" wrote in message

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"Stan The Man" wrote ...
I turned the TV on just in tine to catch Monty (standing behind some
hostas) say ...and spray it on the leaves and it will deter even the
most ardent(?) slugs. Does anyone recall what 'it' was?

ISTR it was water which had been boiled with garlic and allowed to cool.

Didn't he say he crushed the garlic first?

--
Regards
Bob H

I don't think he mentioned crushed garlic.
The method works on the basis that the slug reproduction ceases due to
lack of sex with garlic breathed partners, but if the slugs or snails are
of French origin then............

Harvest them and boil in Garlic water for 15 mins.
Remove from shells and add copious grated fresh Garlic bulb in butter and
devour.

;-)