Old 12-05-2007, 03:18 PM posted to rec.gardens
Brandon Riffel Brandon Riffel is offline

Default what is eating my vegetables

Can anybody help me figure out what is eating on my veggies? I have
Early Girl and Goliath tomatoes growing in a half barrel that have
complete limbs that are missing foliage. There are small black
dropping on the bare branches. I also noticed some bird dropping in
the soil as well. I have cages around them which would give a bird a
wonderful perch while pecking my plants.

I also have some green beans that are being nibbled on. They are in
the garden which is not protected from wildlife. I've noticed a pair
of doves haning out on the shed next to the garden and sometimes I
seen the female in the garden. We also have a martin house that
attracts lots of sparrows whcih I see near the garden. Is it the
birds that are nibbling holes in the leaves of the beans, or some sort
of insect. Here are some pictures.

Tomatoes
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7...01largedr0.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5...02largelu4.jpg