Old 12-05-2007, 04:33 PM posted to rec.gardens.edible
[email protected] joangabriel@msn.com is offline

Default Miracle Grow and the Organics

Hi. I live in Minnesota and wanted to get a jump on the growing
season. I started a small vegetable garden growing in my garage. I
started it from seeds and am very happy with the results. I should
add that I use a diluted mix of Miracle Grow. I'm concerned about
ingesting chemicals, so decided to switch to organic fertilizers
(nothing personal, just for me, the butterflies, bees, that darn
rabbit that always gets to the leafy greens and the soil). Okay, so I
am getting ready to transplant the plants to the backyard and switch
them to organic ferts as needed.

I called the place I purchased the organic ferts and asked for
recommendations. The young woman told me that it was not recommended
to switch at this time. That Miracle Grow prevents the use of other
ferts and will kill the plant if another fert is used. Although she
seemed sincere, I question this. So, to your knowledge, does this
make sense? What should I do? I want to go organic.