Old 12-05-2007, 05:40 PM posted to austin.gardening
dt dt is offline

Default Small bird

Chuck wrote:

I have 2 pairs of very, very small birds. I think they are birds because
they fly together as a pair. They are nectar feeders since they fly around
our petunia's about sunset. I saw them last year feeding on the mexican fire
bush. They are brown and black striped. They don't look anything like
pictures of hummingbirds but have the same fast angular flight pattern and
long beak. I would post a picture but I can't get enough contrast in the
dusk. Does anyone have an idea of what they might be?

Any chance they're large moths? http://snipurl.com/1kbte
You'd be surprised how big some of those things get.

DT