Old 12-05-2007, 04:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default This evenings Gardeners World

On 11 May, 21:10, Robert wrote:
I turned the TV on just in tine to catch Monty (standing behind some
hostas) say ...and spray it on the leaves and it will deter even the
most ardent(?) slugs. Does anyone recall what 'it' was?

Missed the whole thing - got sidetracked with the dvd of Marie
Antoinette. Fantastic.

My nettle potion is almost ready - another week (3 weeks). I've used
this for years. I do a gallon in the spring when the nettle is green
and young and it last me till July. After that I don't need to spray
anymore. I use it on everything. This is for home. At the lotty I do a
comfrey one. Never heard of slugs/snails not liking garlic ....?!