Old 12-05-2007, 05:06 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.gardens
carbuff carbuff is offline

Default ID pls for a foliage plant

Thanks to Bob H for the link - I believe that's it!

"Bob Hobden" wrote in message

"carbuff" wrote ...
This picture was taken on May 1st (Winnipeg, Zone 3) The plant was
gifted to me last summer, and just maintained itself at about 5 inches
high. It's in a shady spot under cedar trees on the north side of my
house. It's already about 6 inches high, but I have no idea if it
flowers, or how it propagates, or if it even gets any bigger than it
already is. Anyone??

It looks remarkably like...

http://www.crimson-sage.com/shop/ind...&itemid=100092

Bloody Dock.
I don't know if it's called that because of the red veins or because
someone has heard me muttering when I'm weeding the allotment. :-)
If it's only got that big since last year I doubt you will have a problem
with it, it's obviously not as rampant as the normal green leaved type
which is a British native.

--
Regards
Bob H