Old 13-05-2007, 09:02 AM posted to aus.gardens
Potaroo Potaroo is offline

Default Calendulas and Marigolds?

Agree, its a sort of sharp resh citrissy smell!

"John Savage" wrote in message
om...
HC writes:
marigold plants would get knocked by the frost but the seeds would
survive and reappear in the spring. Both make for lots of colour,
although the odour is not so nice.

While some object to the marigold's perfume, I love it! My first
gardening success was to grow towering Stinking Rogers. In retrospect I
think they probably grew all by themselves and I just watered them and
claimed all the credit. (After all, where would I have obtained some
seed from?)