Old 13-05-2007, 06:58 PM posted to rec.gardens
Alexander Miller Alexander Miller is offline

Default When Are Leek Seeds Ready?

Janet Baraclough wrote:

|The message
|from
|contains these words:
|

| My leeks are putting up pods, which I am fairly sure are full of
| seeds.

| I left them on the plant, and before the end of summer the seeds
|started to germinate while still attached to the seedhead.
| Janet

Do you have extended dry weather allowing the seed to mature; then I guess it
would have to rain before they will sprout? I'm asking because where I am I
usually try to protect the developing seeds from (lots of) fall rain, on the
assumption they would rot otherwise.

Alexander