Old 29-03-2003, 04:56 AM
Cass

Default Rosehips

In article ,
Enterprise wrote:

I have been told that a Rosehip plant is a Rosa Rugosa or Rosa Canina.
I looked at various pictures online and Canina looks like to me what
I'm looking for. In europe they make tea from Rosehips...

How can I obtain plants that I could plant? I'm in Indiana.

Actually, lots of roses produce rose hips, but they don't all taste
good. Angel Face, Dortmund and Bonica all have hips that taste good. If
you really want them for food, look for roses that set nice big hips
because seeding them is a lot of work. Some rugosas are known for their
attractive hips, but I can't help you with their flavor. Here's an
interesting site in Indiana:

http://indianspringherbs.com/rosehips.htm