Old 13-05-2007, 02:33 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default is it time to plant out tomatoes, courgettes, aubergines?

On 13 May, 14:15, La Puce wrote:
On 13 May, 13:57, Kimmer wrote:

I have some veg plants from the garden centre and some that friends
have given me. I was going to plant them out today (pots and directly
into garden) but now am a bit nervous of the wind and cold spell we
are having. Anyone else out there planting out these veg or should I
keep them indoors another week or so? (my foyer is starting to look
like a garden centre!!)

I've just returned from lotty and planted my courgettes. But I haven't
put out the tomatoes yet and I'm not doing aubergine. Didn't you say
you were in Ontario Canada? In that case I couldn't tell you when - I
don't know your zone nor do I know the climate there!

And here's me again talking to myself .... Honestly, there must have
been something weird in my houmous.. I've just realised that you are
'originally' from Canada but you're in Oxford now, not the Oxford in
Ontario ....

Let's start again. How tall are your tomatoes and I've never grown
aubergine in this country. Far too changeable weather. So can't help
you there. Do you have a greenhouse? Your aubergine would be happier
in there.