Old 13-05-2007, 05:47 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Robert \(Plymouth\) Robert \(Plymouth\) is offline

Default is it time to plant out tomatoes, courgettes, aubergines?

Kimmer wrote:
: My toms are about 15 cm (cherry and normal ones) and some have started
: to get wee flowers! I put them out in their little pots to harden for
: the day but think I'll bring them in tonight as its still chilly.
: One aubergine plant is starting to get really big but I'm sure its
: still too cold for him also so I might re-pot but still keep indoors
: for a while.
:
: No greenhouse I'm afraid, but after reading lots of posts today I
: think maybe a "cloche" might be a good idea! I imagine you just buy
: some wire hoops from the shop and cover with plastic?? I just read
: about keeping potatoes warm so I am going to rush out and cover the
: soil in my bucket! the tops are getting huge now...do I just let them
: keep growing?

We grew aubergines outside successfully last year.Although frost is not a
problem here, we give such plants as those extra initial shelter from the
wind