Old 14-05-2007, 05:10 AM posted to rec.gardens
Lar Lar is offline

Default what is eating my vegetables

Brandon Riffel wrote:
Can anybody help me figure out what is eating on my veggies? I have
Early Girl and Goliath tomatoes growing in a half barrel that have
complete limbs that are missing foliage. There are small black
dropping on the bare branches. I also noticed some bird dropping in
the soil as well. I have cages around them which would give a bird a
wonderful perch while pecking my plants.

Tomatoes
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/7...01largedr0.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/5...02largelu4.jpg
http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/7...03largepn5.jpg
http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/9...04largeef8.jpg

As mentioned the tomatoes are being attacked by horn worm. You will be
amazed how well camouflaged they will be...unless you lucked out and the
bird dropping was from a bird that beat you to the worm....

Lar