Old 14-05-2007, 10:51 AM posted to uk.rec.birdwatching,uk.rec.gardening
La Puce La Puce is offline

Default Ringed Sparrow?

On 14 May, 10:38, "'Mike'" wrote:
WE have lots of feeding stations around the garden and have lots of birds.
We also have a veranda across the back of the house and in all of the foul
weather yesterday, we had a great deal of birds taking the food from the
floor 'in the dry'.
Some were very close, just the other side of the patio doors from where I
sit at the computer.
I feel sure there was a Sparrow with a ring on its leg. Kept on visiting but
too close for me to get my binos on and just too far and too quick moving to
give a close examination. (About 5 feet away from me)
Have they been ringed?

Dunno. The one I've found in my youngest bedroom yesterday morning
didn't have a ring, nor a head. I found the beak when I vaccumed ...
This is the third one. The massacre has begun. My she cat is
impossible. There's nothing I can do. I just cross my fingers that she
won't get any offsprings fledgling from Mr and Mrs Robin (who took up
residency in my ivy).