Old 14-05-2007, 03:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Total Newbie at the age of 57

"Mary" wrote ...
This year , in fact two weeks ago is the very first time that I have
attempted to grow vegs.. I know that this is a little early to contenplate
this, but once grown and harvested how do I freeze the surplus runner
beans and peas that I hope that I will have.

I have to put down this new venture to my neighbour.. we have just moved
into our bungalow, and this all started when my neighbour gave me some
tomatoes plants, which I now have in the green house.
Any help and advice believe me, will be gratefully received

Personally we don't bother freezing Runners, just enjoy them fresh and give
away any surplus, they don't freeze well IMO.
Whereas peas freeze beautifully, pod the peas, get yourself some freezer
bags and weigh out enough peas for a meal for the family and then freeze
them in bags of that weight. No need to blanch or anything.

--
Regards
Bob H