Old 14-05-2007, 10:32 PM posted to rec.gardens
skunker skunker is offline

Default Tree planting during hot summer - bad?

Hello,
I was wondering if it was OK for me to transplant a Yaupon Holly this
week in San Antonio, Texas? The reason why I ask is because I heard
that I should wait until the Fall when temps begin to decline a little
bit. If i were to plant it now, the high summer heat would prevent the
tree from growing at its full potential during this early crucial
planting stage.

Is it OK for me to do it this week or should I wait until late
September?

Avg. temps a May (86), June (91), July (94), Aug (94), Sept (90),
Oct. (82).