Old 15-05-2007, 02:27 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default BZT Aquaculture ?

On Mon, 14 May 2007 08:02:03 CST, wrote:

the bacteria are not purple unless growing on plate media for a week
or more. cant tell by looking at. I would be interested to know what
species of bacteria breaks down organic material on the bottom
aerobically without air. Ingrid

I can't answer that.

My experience is with BZT. What I've been trying to say is, BZT is not this
purple bacteria of which my understanding is/was one of the products of
Microbelift.

BZT is an aerobic bacteria additive, it will not break down waste in a
static pond, but does great in one with water movement (as the majority of
our ponds are). It is known to help break down the mulm that collects on
the bio-media, so less cleaning is needed. I'm sure it would help jump
start a veggie filter, since many are cleaned out and down during the
winter. I still use it at times in my stock tanks in the spring on filters
that haven't run all winter.

That's all I was trying to clarify, that BZT is not this purple bacteria.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds:
www.jjspond.us