Old 15-05-2007, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Here we go again.....

"Sacha" wrote...
Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

All or nothing in this country but at least this rain has enabled me to get
all my plot dug and rotovated into a decent tilth. Before the rain it was
like concrete.
It's also allowed me not to have to water my recently planted cabbages etc.
Unfortunately it also means that as we couldn't get out on the plot today we
went to the Citrus Centre in Pullborough and spend money on a good sized
Grapefruit Tree for us, and another Tahiti Lime, a present for a friend.

The Royal Cornwall Show is OK and I've always enjoyed it if I'm in the area,
although it's not a patch on the Southern Counties Show at Ardingly IMO.
--
Regards
Bob H