Old 15-05-2007, 07:42 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Here we go again.....

Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

--
Sacha
http://www.hillhousenursery.co.uk

Old 15-05-2007, 08:29 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Still slightly wet and windy here - forecast fro rain ansd showers today.
Have to get some planting done on my day off no matter what the weather - at
least in my raised beds at home.
Alan
10 miles north of Portsmouth
. uk...

Old 15-05-2007, 10:18 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

Terrible weather here in Wadebridge, North Cornwall. Very wet and windy
with the forecast promising more for the rest of the week. And next
month it will be Royal Cornwall Show, and I can assure you it will rain
then.
Old 15-05-2007, 10:39 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Chucking it down here on the Isle of Wight :-((

Mike

Reunion Bournemouth August/September 2007
www.rneba.org.uk

"Alan McKenzie" wrote in message
Still slightly wet and windy here - forecast fro rain ansd showers today.
Have to get some planting done on my day off no matter what the weather -
at least in my raised beds at home.
Alan
10 miles north of Portsmouth
. uk...

Old 15-05-2007, 10:44 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/5/07 10:18, in article
, "Peter James"
wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

Terrible weather here in Wadebridge, North Cornwall. Very wet and windy
with the forecast promising more for the rest of the week. And next
month it will be Royal Cornwall Show, and I can assure you it will rain
then.

I've never managed to get to that Show and have always wanted to. If it's
fine, we might do it this time.
We were asked to exhibit there last year but it's a bit of a schlep and
expensive to do so, quite honestly.

Old 15-05-2007, 03:20 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Sacha wrote:

Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

Raining again here in Derbyshire.

I'm glad of it for the opportunity to fill the water butts, but the
weather bods on the radio are starting to talk about floods already,
after a week or so of largely intermittent rain!

My theory is that we've shuffled the months - we had May last month, so
now April's here :-)

--
Carol (near Derby)
"The glassblower's cat is bompstable"

Old 15-05-2007, 03:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 15/5/07 15:20, in article , "Carol
Hague" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

Raining again here in Derbyshire.

I'm glad of it for the opportunity to fill the water butts, but the
weather bods on the radio are starting to talk about floods already,
after a week or so of largely intermittent rain!

My theory is that we've shuffled the months - we had May last month, so
now April's here :-)

The year's going backwards, as someone has said! Today, we've had pouring
rain, showers, glimmers of sunshine, some wind, pouring rain and now it's
just sort of neutral.

Old 15-05-2007, 08:50 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Sacha" wrote...
Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

All or nothing in this country but at least this rain has enabled me to get
all my plot dug and rotovated into a decent tilth. Before the rain it was
like concrete.
It's also allowed me not to have to water my recently planted cabbages etc.
Unfortunately it also means that as we couldn't get out on the plot today we
went to the Citrus Centre in Pullborough and spend money on a good sized
Grapefruit Tree for us, and another Tahiti Lime, a present for a friend.

The Royal Cornwall Show is OK and I've always enjoyed it if I'm in the area,
although it's not a patch on the Southern Counties Show at Ardingly IMO.
--
Regards
Bob H

Old 15-05-2007, 09:13 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Hague" wrote:

Sacha wrote:

Another wet, windy day starts! I'm beginning to wonder if this is
inevitable Devon County Show weather but friends who called in yesterday
after a trip to Cornwall, told us that if ever we have a drought, all we
have to do is invite them to stay!

Raining again here in Derbyshire.

I'm glad of it for the opportunity to fill the water butts, but the
weather bods on the radio are starting to talk about floods already,
after a week or so of largely intermittent rain!

My theory is that we've shuffled the months - we had May last month, so
now April's here :-)

The year's going backwards, as someone has said! Today, we've had pouring
rain, showers, glimmers of sunshine, some wind, pouring rain and now it's
just sort of neutral.

We've already had more than the average amount of rain for May in West
Cornwall, and we're only half way through the month (over an inch on
Saturday). But we did need it, and if it soaks the soil in depth to
help us get through what may be another dry summer, I'm not
complaining.

--
Chris

here here now, this poking at my daughter has to stop! Momma McKoi Ponds 0 15-05-2005 10:57 PM
HELP!! Here I am again. pixi Ponds 8 18-09-2003 04:42 AM
Here I go again. [email protected] Ponds 2 08-04-2003 06:56 PM
Hollies - here we go again trevor.appleton United Kingdom 5 13-12-2002 12:20 PM