Old 16-05-2007, 04:30 PM posted to rec.gardens.orchids
K Barrett K Barrett is offline

Default dendrobium re-potting / splitting

I don't do well with dendrobiums. So I, too, am looking for any responses.

K Barrett

"holly" wrote in message
greetings,

i think my dendrobium may be in need of a repot. it's grown 4x it's size
since i got it 3 years ago. in january 2007, it had over 35 flowering
spikes with lots of tiny fragrant flowers. currently, it has put out two
new flowering spikes and has sprouted about 10 to 12 keiki's.

my questions a
* should i repot?

* is now a good time to repot?

* should i split the plant in half? it's grown rather large. i count 47
canes,
7 of them are new growths.

* does it do well in S/H?

thanks in advance for any replies!