Old 29-03-2003, 08:20 AM
John T. Jarrett

Default fire ants in veggie garden

Sorry, to be more clear...

The chemicals, natural or not, are toxic. Even coffee is toxic.

What I said in my last email was that his recipes are non-toxic. You could
drink his brew for Fire Ants and, with only a teaspoon or two of orange oil
in each gallon, it wouldn't kill you.

Well, that said, maybe the compost tea would be more likely to be deadly (or
at least sickening) from bacterial growing in it so I still wouldn't drink
it myself...

--

John T. Jarrett
http://logontexas.com

"animaux" wrote in message
Yes, and you keep calling things non-toxic. They ARE toxic, but they are
natural. Wording is important when referring to poisons. All poisons are
toxic, even natural ones. Arsenic is natural, but I'd never call it

non-toxic.

Not trying to be argumentative, but for people beginning an organic

program,
these terms are key.

On Tue, 25 Mar 2003 19:36:41 -0600, "John T. Jarrett"

wrote:

Yes - didn't we just have this conversation?

:)

That website's stuff (and his books - I have Organic Manual by Howard
Garrett) are as non-toxic as recipes go that I've seen. He doesn't, for
instance, give instructions on Sulphur for use.