Old 16-05-2007, 11:02 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
K K is offline

Default Total Newbie at the age of 57

" writes

I tried carrot but I thought the fibres changed and I didn't like it.

Carrots might freeze better after cooking. They're certainly OK if
frozen in a stew.

I freeze a glut of tomatoes without any treatment at all to use later
on for chutney. Strawberries freeze without any treatment but they
are only good for making jam or toppings. My blackcurrants and
redcurrants. I cook them down and put them in a jelly bag to drip all
night into a saucepan and I freeze the juice for making icecream and a
pouring sauce.

Redcurrants and blackcurrants freeze nicely whole
--
Kay