Old 16-05-2007, 11:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Bob Hobden Bob Hobden is offline

Default Cat Poop

a person with aproblem wittered on after Bob Hobden wrote:

Our last allotment had a neighbour with 27 cats and we had the nearest
cultivated soil. What's your problem?

Do you LIKE cat shit?Give me your address I'll post you as much as you
want.

Read what I wrote. I did not say I liked it I said it was preferable to Rat
pee which kills. Cat poo rots down quite quickly too.

We made friends with a number of the
cats because the alternatives are Rats and Mice as proved on our new
allotment where there are no cats.

Rubbish.
The majority of cats today are fat overfed vermin that could never catch a
rat in their lives.They are fed by ignorant idiots who don't give a damn
where the cat shit's. Even if it is a private garden that children play
in.
To have 27 cats shows the owner has absolutely no concern for any of the
neighbours and is probably mad.
A good cat is a dead cat.

To assume...to make an ass of u and me! Try finding out facts instead.

Rats don't like cats and will take the easy option and move elsewhere just
in case. Cats will also kill small rats and mice for fun, like a fox, they
do not have to be hungry to kill, it's what they do, it's exercise/sport.
The best mouser I've lived with was very well fed but could catch one every
few minuets when in the mood.

If your neighbours cats poo in you garden try teaching your kids to avoid
eating it and not putting their hands in their mouths and washing before
eating, it's easier and common sense. A word with the cats owners may help
but remember cats are very difficult to train, it's best to start as babies
otherwise it's mostly too late.
If you had made any attempt to understand your problem you would already
know that and not make comments about ignorant idiots etc. when it is
probably untrue and most cat owners would be mortified if the were aware of
your concerns.

The 27 cats I mentioned were in a neighbouring animal sanctuary. Being hit
by a low flying Swan or contracting Botulism from them (common illness in
Swans in dry weather) was more dangerous, believe me.

I wonder if you are concerned (paranoid!) about Toxoplasmosis which can be
found in cat/dog poo and undercooked meat? That infection/parasite is really
only dangerous to pregnant women (unborn babies) if they haven't been
infected with it before. The majority of the French nation are infected with
it through their love of undercooked meat.

I wonder if you would take your children to France and eat meat in a
cafe/restaurant there? Maybe more chance of infection than the cat poo in
your garden. There's a thought for you to get paranoid about!

--
Regards
Bob H