Old 17-05-2007, 01:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
stevej stevej is offline

Default Cat Poop

On 17 May, 00:24, Walter Bradshaw wrote:
On Tue, 15 May 2007 20:23:00 GMT, "Richard Phillips"

wrote:
Hello all,

What is the best way of stopping cats sh*tting in my garden? I've tried the
chemical type stuff from garden centres, doesn't seem to have done the job.
I'm looking at these ultrasonic devices, are any of them worth the money?
I'm not quite ready to go down the airgun route yet!

There's no need for an airgun, just:

1 Trap

2 Drown

3 Repeat as necessary

It works, guaranteed.

Please, just try it.

Walter.

Hi Richard

I know the frustration this causes. I am pestered with my neighbours
cat's too and hate the selfishness of cat owners.

But those thinking of harming animals should be aware that criminal
charges can be brought against you. You wouldnt believe cats rights, I
think I even read somewhere that they are not classed as a tresspass.

I have had some success with placing thorny branches on the garden,
just temporary. They are animals of habit and may go somewhere else
soon and so you can then discard the branches. Another technique that
I have heard, though not tried ( anyone ?? ) is to put Jeyes fluid in
a container where it will evaporate but not get diluted with rain,
something like a marg tub with holes in the side may work.

Good luck
Steve