Old 17-05-2007, 06:26 PM posted to misc.consumers.house,alt.home.repair,rec.gardens
Nancy Young Nancy Young is offline

Default PING:: "fence mulch", mow strip, underlayment, whatchacallit

"z" wrote

A couple of years back, I bought some "fence mulch" as they called it,
from Gardeners Supply, about a foot wide, sits under chainlink fences
and keeps grass and weeds from growing where you can't mow. Same idea
as "mow strips", same idea as landscape fabric, but solid, heavier
plastic, not flexible fabric, so it just stays put by itself, no
staking, no covering with gravel. Came in a box of like 3 foot long
pieces that sort of interlocked/overlapped. Had holes prepunched for
chain-link posts. I don't remember the name of the manufacturer.

I was at Lowes today looking for something and what did I see
but this product you were looking for. Perm-a-Mulch. Sorry, they
didn't have a price on it. It was stacked by the rolls of hardware
cloth/that other roll out type of metal chicken wire stuff. Hope that
helps.

nancy