Old 17-05-2007, 06:32 PM posted to austin.gardening
WoolyGooly WoolyGooly is offline

Default So this Meyer's Lemon

On Thu, 17 May 2007 09:43:33 -0500, "Cliff"
wrote:

The normal time to bloom would be late fall early winter.

Ok, thanks. I'll quit looking for flower buds then.

Probably grown from a cutting so you should not have to be concerned about
being old enough to bloom.

This one appears to be grafted. The callous (callus?) is tidy and
fairly straight, unlike the other one Lowe's had the day I bought
mine.

I would recommend going easy on the Miracle grow if you are going to keep it
in a container. You will eventually get a salt build up in the soil. A
good organic fertilizer would be better.

I'm not terribly worried about salts building up. I'm making up the
fertilizer solution at half strength and I water thoroughly every few
days to keep the soil moist. I will watch out for that though.

Have you any recommendations on pruning/shaping? I don't want to
pinch out growth that will eventually develop flowers/fruit.