Old 17-05-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Pam Moore Pam Moore is offline

Default Lilly Beetle

On Thu, 17 May 2007 09:40:30 +0100, Jennifer Sparkes
wrote:

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But very
welcome)

Alas yes here in Bristol. ((

Jennifer

yes here south of Bristol also!
David said he had some for the first time across the channel in Wales.
I find that Ultimate Bug Killer keeps them at bay, otherwise I have to
put grand-children on the beetle-picking job as my eyes don't spot
them all. I did see one on a lily stem. I held a big white bowl
under the stem, tapped it and the beetle fell into the bowl. Then I
realised I had caught 2. If you let them fall on the ground, they are
very hard to spot as they always land underside (black side) up!

Pam in Bristol