Old 16-05-2007, 11:58 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Lilly Beetle

Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But very
welcome)

Old 17-05-2007, 11:09 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On 16 May, 23:58, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But very
welcome)

None here either. Since I have found out that they 'click' when
threatened, I can't wait to see one! I think all that *"@~$!!**! rain
has something to do with it. Harvested lots of snails last night but
not many slugs. I have an amasing amount of black stiped yellow
snails. How strange. They seem to really like our buddleias.

Old 17-05-2007, 01:44 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Registered User

Location: South Wales

On 16 May, 23:58, "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But very
welcome)

Where have you been hiding?
Have a look at this thread from April
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/uk....2de3c03595b2ea

David Hill
Abacus Nurseries

Old 17-05-2007, 03:43 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

"Dave Hill" wrote...
after "Bob Hobden" wrote:
Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But
very
welcome)

Where have you been hiding?
Have a look at this thread from April

Well yes I remember that now, however our lillies are growing apace and not
a beetle to be seen on our or our neighbours plants, most unusual.

--
Regards
Bob H

Old 17-05-2007, 06:16 PM
Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Hobden View Post
Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But very
welcome)
None here in suffolk as yet
thank god
Sheryl

Old 17-05-2007, 09:39 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

No shortage here, I have plenty of them. Can send some your way if you so
wish ;o)
Mel.

Old 17-05-2007, 10:48 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

On Thu, 17 May 2007 09:40:30 +0100, Jennifer Sparkes
wrote:

The message
from "Bob Hobden" contains these words:

Anyone seen any yet? None round here yet this year, very strange! (But very
welcome)

Alas yes here in Bristol. ((

Jennifer

yes here south of Bristol also!
David said he had some for the first time across the channel in Wales.
I find that Ultimate Bug Killer keeps them at bay, otherwise I have to
put grand-children on the beetle-picking job as my eyes don't spot
them all. I did see one on a lily stem. I held a big white bowl
under the stem, tapped it and the beetle fell into the bowl. Then I
realised I had caught 2. If you let them fall on the ground, they are
very hard to spot as they always land underside (black side) up!

Pam in Bristol