Old 18-05-2007, 01:13 AM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
~ jan[_3_] ~ jan[_3_] is offline

Default Koi foam and lily baby

I just posted a couple of pics on The Freshwater Aquarium on Google.

One pic is of a lily baby. The lily baby is a first for us.

That is cool Jim, it probably was a pollinated lily that didn't get
deadheaded and made a baby (my guess.... probably should read all the
replies before answering in case someone really knows, but I'm excited for
you)! If my guess is correct, it will be some cross between what you have
in the pond and you could get something really cool and different than what
you have now.

The other pic shows the foam from our koi beginning to breed. Here is
low foam that suggests they have begun breeding. When they get really
going, the foam will stand up 3".Jim

I currently have foam, but not from the fish breeding, it is from tree
breeding. Pine Pollen, gak! Turns the water kind of yellow too. So I'm
upping my water changes to twice a week, if not more to see if I can get
rid of it faster. I may throw some of my carbon padding in the filter also.
~ jan
Zone 7a, SE Washington State
Ponds: www.jjspond.us