Old 18-05-2007, 02:49 PM posted to austin.gardening
jangchub jangchub is offline

Default So this Meyer's Lemon

On Thu, 17 May 2007 20:55:25 -0500, hlk wrote:

Where did you folks get your variegated Meyer's? Every time I see a
variegated lemon tree, it's not Meyer's. And one place said that
their variegated lemons didn't have as good a flavor as the
non-variegated, so now I don't know what to buy.

I want to make pink margaritas too!

Believe it or not I bought ours at Lowes about 5 years ago. I tried
to root the cuttings with great failure. You may want to check The
Great Outdoors because they asked me if I had any. They hunt citrus
down. Also, call around to the Lowes in town and Round Rock. They
get theirs, I think, from Hunts Growers.

You may have better luck buying online the variegated 'Eureka.' The
lemons are the size of two golf balls or just under that size. Mine
are very tart, but when added to water and some turbinado sugar, it
rocks.