Old 20-05-2007, 07:31 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
randyinaloha randyinaloha is offline

Default critter ponding

On May 18, 4:22 pm, kthirtya wrote:
I have a little deck pond outside the slider.
Today I noticed that tadpoles hatched and
there are little snails zooming about and
tiny seed shrimp going hither and yon.
My favorite kind of ponding! I love all the
little critters who show up in aquatic
environments. (Mosquitoes excepted!)

k :-)

http://tinyurl.com/6bguh~ new pond keeper infohttp://tinyurl.com/yp64db~ slide show of pond

Kewl kthirtya!
Love the critters too. Would a couple of feeder goldfish keep the
skeeters away and not eat the tadpoles? This year the nutria have not
come back here. Momma and 2 babies used to come up from big pond onto
lawn.
Water iris are starting to bloom. I was worried that I didn't have
enough water in their Barrels over winter. Goldfish didn't survive but
have had no Skeeters here.
Randy