Old 20-05-2007, 08:23 PM posted to rec.ponds.moderated
kthirtya kthirtya is offline

Default critter ponding

Randy wrote
Love the critters too. Would a couple of feeder goldfish keep the
skeeters away and not eat the tadpoles?

I think they'd eat them. The chorus frogs around
here won't go in pond with fish. We made a little
bog for them and I can't find any eggs in there.
And I've spotted some goldfish sneaking into
the bog...
The little deck pond is fishless and full of tiny
critters, including some interesting worms who
spend their day face first into the mud and wave
their tails around. No way they'd survive a fish
in the deck pond! Too tasty I'm sure!
k :-)