Old 20-05-2007, 09:17 PM posted to rec.gardens

Default Hedge with white flowers?

In message .com,
texas_gardener writes
I did a search on "hedge white flowers" and got:

http://www.ubcbotanicalgarden.org/po...s_carnosus.php

But the leaves are not right.

There are other species of Euonymus.

The photo of the privet hedge he
http://springhillnursery.com/product.asp?pn=66517

This is not what I remember, but is too dense. I think there were
long stems. I don't know. This may be a hopeless quest over a memory
that is not too well recalled.

That's a very carefully trimmed formal privet hedge; most privet hedges
aren't so dense, and it can be grown as in informal hedge.

However I suggest that you look for images of Spiraea x arguta, which is
(a plant known as) Bridal Wreath, and which does have small white
flowers, and small leaves, and can be grown as a hedge (my father has it
as a clipped hedge, at the expense of the flowers, but clipping once a
year after flowering might be a workable regime).
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley